Monday, May 26, 2008
BPSOD is a Serious condition that you should discuss with your doctor
If you have any of the following symptoms you may be suffering a serious condition known as BPSOD:
1. Your medications don't treat your symptoms
2. You have experienced life threatening side effects after taking medication which the FDA deemed "safe."
3. No medical options for your condition (it isn't profitable to treat).
4. You repeatedly hear voices telling you that about a new syndrome that you must discuss with your doctor.
5. You want that little purple pill regardless of what it does.
6. You have recently changed medications and the new one is the same as the old except for the price.
7. You discovered that your regulatory agency is really working for the drug makers and is pressured to ignore safety concerns.
BPSOD, or Big Pharma Screwed-Over Disiorder, is a serious condition which you should discuss with your Doctor, your regulator and anyone else who will listen.
Our drugs are not as safe as we'd like to think they are. Back in 1992, to speed drugs through the regulatory process, the FDA started sharing the financial burden of drug approval with the drug companies. Big Pharma paying the FDA to review the drugs sets up an economic incentive to release drugs regardless of whether they address the medical condition they claim to treat or are dangerous. We need to take back our health care system because it could literally be killing us.
Read the Book
See the Interview with Bill Moyers